The information below is a resource for coaches within the RAAA program.
Applications and Forms
- RAAA Coach Application – Click here to apply
- Concussion Training – http://www.nfhslearn.com/electiveDetail.aspx?courseID=38000
- Basketball Information – http://www.nfhs.org/basketball/
- American Heart Association (AHA) – Healthier Kids – http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/HealthierKids/Healthier-Kids_UCM_304156_SubHomePage.jsp
Information About Background Checks
Coaching Candidates –
Because the position for which you are applying will require you to provide care, treatment, education, training, instruction, or recreation to children, the Rockford Area Athletic Association (RAAA) program will request Trusted Employees to perform a background check on you as authorized in sections 299C.60 to 299C.64 cited as the Minnesota Child Protection Background Check Act.
BACKGROUND CHECK CRIMES
Under the Minnesota Child Protection Background Check Act, RAAA is authorized to check individuals for the following background check crimes: child abuse crimes, murder, manslaughter, felony level assault or any assault committed against a minor, kidnapping, arson, criminal sexual conduct and any prostitution related crimes.
Per MN state statute child abuse crimes are defined as an act committed against anyone under the age of 18 that violates the following state statutes: ss609.185(5)Murder in the first degree, ss609.221 through ss609.224 Assault, ss609.2242 Domestic Assault, ss609.322 Solicitation, Inducement and promotion of prostitution, ss609.324 Other prostitution acts, ss609.342 through ss609.345 Criminal sexual conduct , ss609.352 Solicitation of a minor to engage in sexual conduct, ss609.377 malicious punishment of a child, ss609.378 Neglect or Endangerment of a child, ss152.021, subd.1, (4) Controlled Substance Crime in the 1st Degree,ss152.022, subd.1, (5) Controlled Substance Crime in the 2nd Degree,ss152.022, subd.1, (6) Controlled Substance Crime in the 2nd Degree,ss152.023, subd.1, (3) Controlled Substance Crime in the 3rd Degree, ss152.023, subd.1, (4) Controlled Substance Crime in the 3rd Degree, ss152.023, subd.2, (6) Controlled Substance Crime in the 3rd Degree,ss152.023, subd.2, (7) Controlled Substance Crime in the 3rd Degree, ss152.024, subd.1, (2) Controlled Substance Crime in the 4th Degree, ss152.024, subd.1, (3)Controlled Substance Crime in the 4th Degree, ss152.024, subd.1, (4) Controlled Substance Crime in the 4th Degree.
BACKGROUND CHECK RIGHTS
As a subject of a Coach Background check, your rights include:
- to be informed that RAAA will request this check for becoming or continuing as a volunteer, and to determine whether you have been convicted of any of the above specified crimes, and
- to be informed of Choicepoint response and upon request obtain a copy of the report from RAAA.
- to obtain from Choicepoint any record that forms the basis for the report, and
- to challenge the accuracy and completeness of any information contained in the report, and
- to be informed whether RAAA has denied your application because of Choicepoint response, and
- not to be required directly or indirectly to pay the cost of the background check.